Food for the Soul

Words of Wisdom

My Timeless Cross Stitch Collection

-->
Cross stitch is a popular form of counted thread embroidery in which X-shaped stitches are used to form a picture. It is usually executed on easily countable even weave fabric. The stitcher counts the threads in each direction so that the stitches are of uniform size and appearance.
-->It is one of my hobbies, got hooked-up to it in the early 90’s and was a stitching addict when it was a fad in our country. I found delight and it was some sort of therapy for me the moment my hands touch the fabric. A friend once commented on my works saying "it is like having a painted portrait hung on the wall and a heritage to be treasured and can be passed on to the next generations." mmm... sigh.

Have a glance of some of my needle point designs displayed in chronological order as they were finished.

Materials used: weave fabric, DMC threads


Spring Flowers in the Vase
actual size: 48 x 37cm

This was my very first cross stitch creation. I did this while hubby was working overseas in Palau.

Praying Hands
actual size: 33 x 35cm

I have done this one when my mood was into spiritual. Took 1 month to finish. Occasionally loosening up my hands when schedule permits.

Fruits Galore
actual size: 49 x 59cm
 
Thought of something that can be beautifully displayed and hung in the kitchen that I, myself did.


Personalized House Clock
actual size: 30 x 43cm

This was given by my sister-in-law Cory. Just added our names (Ding, Ann, CJ Cucio) for a personalized touched finish.

Villas
actual size: 70 x 47cm

Got enthused when I saw the pattern resembled like a painting. Applied 3 strands thread half cross stitching.

Japanese House and Bridge
actual size: 87 x 54cm

Actually, the portion where the clock is positioned was an extra weave fabric. I was contemplating what to do with that extra space. I reflected the Bible and the message appeared before me was John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Put a clock for added value and use.


Lady in an Enchanted Garden
actual size: 96 x 68cm
This is my favorite. Used 6 strands of DMC threads double stitches and French knots. Embellished with few pieces of butterflies for accents. Spent 6 months of on and off labor to finish.

Fountain Spring Resort Clock
actual size: 91 x 37cm

This is being hung in our store. Customers especially the teens kept on asking what time is it manay? (Bicol word in addressing female older than you are). Maybe, they are reminded by their parents to go home early after a cool dip in the pool.

You may also would like to check out some of my handcrafted crystal beads' works. Please click here.



blog comments powered by Disqus