I wonder if it's an eggplant feast at the market today because of its abundance and cheap price sold at Php6 a kilo. Sometimes, I tend to hoard things to take advantage of its low cost. This time, I wanted to come up an eggplant recipe not just with a twist and a kick but nutritious menu surely kids will love and enjoy. With this healthy unusual treat, this will certainly be a big hit at home among our kids.
5 pcs. medium eggplant
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 medium size tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
1 tbsp. flour mixed in 1/4 c. water
1 c. evaporated milk
- Bring eggplants into a boil until tender. Remove from heat. Pat dry with paper towel. Cut into half lengthwise size. Arrange in baking dish. Set aside.
- In a skillet, saute garlic, onion, and tomato. Add in the evaporated milk, flour, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into the eggplant baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven until the cheese turns golden brown.